Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On a Morning Walk...
My friend and I like to walk along the bay in the mornings. There are usually people jogging, pushing babies in strollers, rollerblading, bike riding or sitting on one of the many benches along the water. This morning while walking, my friend turned to me with a startled look on her face and said, "Did you see that?"
"See what?" I asked.
"That man. He is....masturbating," she whispered.
I said, "You've never seen that before? Geez, woman, I saw that more than once in New York City."
"I am going to tell the police over there." She said.
I said, "Aw, leave him be, I think he is done anyway."
She said, "Anyway, I will tell the policeman and he will just look at me and nod and not do anything."
She proceeded to tell the officer in fluent Spanish what she saw, again whispering the word that I think means masturbate. As she predicted, the officer looked at her and barely turned his head in the direction of the man on the bench she pointed to.
We continued our walk and the man was not there when I passed the bench again.
When I got home and told my husband, he laughed and said, "Really, people have told me that goes on a lot here, but I didn't believe them. Did you actually see him do it?"
I said, "Well, I didn't see him actually do anything, I only saw his face and my friend saw him. She told the officer."
At that my husband really started laughing, he said "What did he do?"
I said, "Well, he just looked in the direction she pointed and that was it. We just finished our walk and the guy left."


No comments:

Post a Comment