Friday, September 9, 2011

Hola!
I decided to write a blog to chronicle our family adventure here in Colombia. We moved here for a temporary period of time for a work assignment. We lived in New Jersey and New Hampshire before moving here this summer. My children had never been anywhere outside of the U.S. (except a cruise to Bermuda when they were young.)
We spent a week in Bogota to site see before heading to Cartagena, a coastal city, which is to be our home for the next few years.
First, it is hot here ninety percent of the time. The other ten percent it is either very warm or raining.
Second, if you are wondering where the title of this blog comes from here it is. The coffee and chocolate are the best I have ever had in my life. I mean, even "cheap" coffee and chocolate are outstanding. When I posted this on facebook, the Karma Fairy decided that bragging is not nice and has withheld hot and warm showers for me since. I know it is hot here and why do I want a hot shower anyway, well after sweating all day and especially after working out, it is better to wash off all the smelly bacteria with hot rather than cold water. But, I digress. Hence the name, coffee, chocolate and cold showers. So far all the great things we have encountered have outweighed the annoyances. I will keep you posted as often as I can. Peace, Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment